I have been baking/cooking a bit more. Last week I made a Harvest Soup (recipe to follow) using some butternut squash, sweet potatoes, and other vegetables I had lying around. It was pretty good. I also made my mom's oatmeal bread and then split the recipe in half and turned half of it into multi-whole grain bread and half of that then became sundried tomato and herb multi-grain bread. I was very happy with all of that too :). Today I had some tomatoes from my garden that were going to be going to waste if I didn't act quickly, so I made Tammy C.'s spaghetti sauce that Aunt Paula contributed to the family cookbook, that was also good.
Rayanna's Harvest Soup
1 Potato, cubed
1 sweet potato, cubed
1/2 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
1/2 zuchini, cubed
couple handfuls baby carrots
2/3 onion, chopped
3 T minced garlic
1# lightly browned Italian sausage
2 cups eggplant, cubed (mine was frozen)
1 cup asparagus (also frozen)
1 T. chicken bouillon
H2O to cover
rosemary, salt, black pepper, chives, basil, oregano- to taste
touch cilantro
white wine vinegar (maybe 1/4 cup?)
olive oil (splash and a half)
small handful pine nuts
few walnuts
few dried cranberries
1 T. dill
Bring to a boil and then simmer until vegetables are done.
No comments:
Post a Comment