So, nearly everyday I drive by the forest preserve on my way to somewhere else-usually work. Yesterday, I decided I was going to go for a walk in it instead, so I did. It was a lovely hour. The Grinch's heart, it is said, expanded on Christmas day when he heard all those little whos in Whoville singing anyway. My heart, however, expanded on a gravel path in the middle of the woods in the midst of towering trees with beautiful leaves. I even skipped a little.

Forest path I tromped through, because I could. It meandered (that word comes from the Meander River in Turkey, btw, whose course changed considerably over time) through the forest preserve between two of the main paths, I was starting to think it wasn't going anywhere good, and then it hit the main path again. whew.
Made me think of Hazel Road.

You cannot see it very well in this picture, but this leaf is covering up my face. I promise. And I am not playing any tricks (i.e. the leaf really is right in front of my face, not closer to the camera).

You cannot see it very well in this picture, but this leaf is covering up my face. I promise. And I am not playing any tricks (i.e. the leaf really is right in front of my face, not closer to the camera).
Pretty pretty.
Written on the side of our swingset, by a previous swinger, "I love Emmaline"

Me, swinging on a swing, after I locked myself out of the house when I stepped outside, in stocking feet, to take a picture of the backyard to show you what a posh place I'm living in...two swings of our very own!







No comments:
Post a Comment