I can't believe it, she really is! I just about lost it when we were actually in the wedding, right before she started to walk down the aisle. It wasn't just something we were talking about anymore, some amorphous dream...it was becoming a reality and not it is a reality. It was truly a privilege to stand up in Noah and Jacquelyn's wedding this weekend. I've never been a bridesmaid before, so that was a different experience- no poofy red dresses this time (glad the days of flower-girling...in the early 90's.... are over). A friend asked what the best part was and while it was truly a beautiful and worshipful wedding, my heart was especially glad to be part of their lives in such a way to stand as a witness that God has brought them together. I've seen so much growth in both of them and in them as a couple, I've learned a lot from watching them. Both have been great to me too- Noah has helped me with guy stuff, like carrying heavy boxes when I moved and Jaq has been such a great friend. She knows me well enough to know when to listen and when to shut me up and she is enough like me that she understands me even when I don't. All of that is to say, that I was truly honored to be in their wedding and am very excited for them. Even if I'm a little sad to loose such a great comrade in my own singleness, haha. Best wishes!


No comments:
Post a Comment