So, I bought out Valli Produce tonight. Yup, pretty sure of it. I'm not sure how many pounds of vegetables and fruit I walked out with, but it was a lot. Three trips to the car a lot. Thankfully, their prices are remarkably cheap. And fellow customers are very international. Indians. Thai. Latinos. Caucasian Suburban folk. Even Turkish speakers. Sigh. Great place.
And....some of the new items and some of the old items, that needed to make way, feature in my dinner tonight. It's rather tasty, if I may say so. Although, I need to work on the extra liquid, maybe salt the eggplant slices and let them dry a little bit first.
Valli Bake
Layer of thinly sliced, peeled eggplant
Layers of fresh slices of tomatoes, very thin potatoes, bell peppers, hot peppers, zuchini, and onions.
In between layers spread a mix of plain Middle Eastern style yogurt, garlic, black pepper, red pepper flakes and sheep cheese (or feta)...salt some of the layers too. On the top spread more of the eggplant and any remainders, top with asiago cheese and bake at 375 for about 45 minutes. Delicious. Pretty too :)
1 comment:
come cook for me!
Post a Comment