31 October 2009
Conversations are Collisions
That's the title of a poem I wrote this week. I'm not sure how I feel about it, so I'm not posting it yet. However, there's something remarkable in the way that a good conversation with a person can change you. And I don't mean "change you" in that it makes you pull the dinner out of the oven before it burns. (Though it is interesting that no action is in a vacuum etc etc.) Neither do I mean change as in "I met my husband when we bumped into each other in the rain in Paris" (though I wouldn't mind one of those conversations). Rather, I'm talking about the fact that a good conversation makes you face up to things you hadn't admitted yet or think newly about things you've known for a long time or discover new ways of thinking that help you understand the Truth you already know. That's what I'm talking about. Conversations that make you step back and look at your life and then jump in again- headlong- with anticipation, realizing that there is so much more to this life, that God has given, and so much more to you, who God has made, that you have yet to discover. Conversations that make you rediscover the joy there is in being one of God's creations and which then leave artifacts (or are they seeds?) lying scattered around your life, things that weren't there before. Iron sharpens iron and we change each other.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love that this is tagged epiphanies. :) Good thoughts... also good to see you this weekend.
I like the new look.
I'm very thankful for those women with whom I "think out loud" and sort and organize things and they shed light. It is iron sharpening iron and it's vital for growth.
Post a Comment