13 May 2010

Light hearted or no? You decide.

ife's been a bit stressful this week. Ok, a lot. And I don't feel like writing it all out tonight. But let's just say that tension in long standing/important relationships is difficult on me. Especially when I know I need to continue the dialogue and that requires approaching people I respect to tell them I think things should be at least somewhat different.

I talked with my sister in China the other night and she asked a question that has been at the back of my mind since. What is God doing for the body through my difficult experience? I often think about what God might be teaching me or pruning off of me or both, but I haven't often thought in regards to how my pain might actually be for the benefit of the Body as a whole. Not to make this grandiose or dramatic, but I think that's part of what He's doing. Even if it is just learning better communication methods. On one hand it's encouraging, on the other, part of me wants to say to the Body, "you take the stress and tearing and stretching then". I don't think we get that option. And it's not the option Christ chose.

And what am I learning? I appreciate my "support team". I'm really glad for those of you who know the situation and, while you can't remove the obstacle or fly me over it are giving me strength for the task through listening, praying, advising, and caring. I'm realizing again that my motives and actions are often a very tangled web and never free completely of all self-glorification and I am learning to pray again for humility to fight for the Glory of the Name instead. And I suppose I'm learning about communication and perseverance. And discernment.

Ok, I guess that was more than I intended to write even. I was just going to post something lighthearted.

Like this:
 

Things I'm digging right now:




The Making, Baking and Consumption of the best Chocolate Bundt Cake ever.


[Disclaimer: Currently I am enjoying her wit and beautiful food. I am not enjoying these creations, ah, but  I dream of the day. 8 more days of no grains. Just 8 and then I can, occasionally, perhaps, indulge in a little flour.]

No comments: