Growing up we used to listen to these rather smarmy tapes about Psalty, the singing songbook. My little brother David even went through a period when he couldn't fall asleep without "Baby Birdie Bomber and the Incredible Mussiquizical QuiiiiiiiilT!" I think the rest of us were about ready to rip the tape to shreds. I digress.Seriously though. SO ANNOYING. One of the less annoying stories was about a camping trip and these two poor booklets get lost and they sing this song. I can't tell you how many times this song has been a great comfort to me. And I thought of it again tonight, because I need to remember it.
I will cast all my cares upon You.
I'll lay, all of my burdens, down at your feet.
And anytime, I don't know what to do-
I will cast all my cares upon You.
My friend Sara once said that she had a hard time "preaching to herself", but she could "sing to herself". And so the preaching continues...
2 comments:
I love that song (um, the last one there...)!!! So simple, yet sweet, and what a great reminder! :)
It's true, it's such a simple and yet profound (and memorable!) reminder!
It gets me every time!
Post a Comment