13 July 2010

Things Made

I have my very first, from scratch, gluten-free cookies in the oven. The recipe is (basically) from my new gluten free cookbook. Which, I realized this evening was not only written by an Australian, but contains measurements in grams and ounces. We'll see how they turn out. Although, judging from the dough my biggest foe could be the chickpea flour. Bake out aftertaste!!!!

In other news, I'm super excited about what the new edition of Windows Word can do in regards to photo manipulation and basic design stuff. Below are the 3 posters I made today for my company's annual picnic. The only thing I didn't do on word was the font spacing on one of the posters. otherwise, completely on word. I'll even show you an example of what I did with one of the pics. :)

Cookies out...and they're good! Chocolate chip and dried cherry. Yum.

Okay, to the posters-





The middle poster began with the picture below:


Crazy, huh? I mean, not that it can be done, but that it can be done in Word! I was able to isolate the paper lanterns (and then single ones too), change saturation, flip them around, etc etc to get the above poster. I was pretty excited, it was a good break from account reconciliation.

2 comments:

Sarah S. said...

Very nice! And I assumed Amy made those posters :)

Jeleta said...

I may need you to give me some lessons. ... And on another front--cookie recipe, please!?!