13 May 2009

small epiphanies come from frustrating forgetfulness

First, the forgetfulness.

On Friday I was given an assignment at work that was very mindless but time consuming. I needed to scroll through 1000 customer entries and sort out the ones that a certain qualification. This took me an hour or two to write down all of their numbers so they could be removed en masse. On Monday, I removed them. But, it was the end of the day and I got interrupted and then promptly shut down my computer, forgetting to save the new list....I soon realized it, but decided there was nothing I could do about it and went home.

Today, I went to grab the papers with all the numbers on them and remembered that I had thrown them in the garbage. And we have efficient cleaners. Normally, I like this. But, oh well, another thing I can't control. Kind of funny actually. Good thing I'm never swamped.

So, this afternoon I repeated step 1. Because it was mindless I had some time to think and pray. Not a bad thing :). This led to some epiphanies. Small ones. Small is good. Small is easier to work with. Big ones take up to much heart for work..small ones lead to big ones...life is made up of the small things.

What are they, one might ask. Well, let me tell you!

-I'm going to see if there are any colleges around here that teach Turkish. I'd be willing to commute anywhere around the city for a quality weekly Turkish lesson. Maybe even the local community college has a prof. who knows Turkish, but just doesn't teach it. Maybe I should ask.
- Hmmm...publishing. I like working for a publishing company. Hmmm. Turkey, I like Turkey. Kind of reminds me of this movie I watched recently about some publishers in Turkey. Hmmm...they are no longer there. Hmmm...they were more in the rural part. Hmmm...I think A.B. knows some publishers in Turkey...Hmmm..................................(to be continued?)
-there was something else...but I'm at a loss. What was it?
-Wow! I talk to a lot of young, single, men these days. Yikes! Kinda scary! But kinda nice too :)


Ok, pause in the relaying of my thoughts. What is that thumping noise upstairs?????????

Well, I think there was another revelation, but I can't recall it. That's why I have to write these things down when I get the chance, you know.

I think I'm going to go clean up from my run, eat some supper and then I want to go "force" myself to go to a coffeeshop and write. I need to do more of that. The only way to improve one's skills and repertoire is to practice and produce!


Oh, the other ephiphany, maybe isn't ready for a public space yet. Although, "public" might be too generous a word because I don't think this is really read by anyone.

3 comments:

Sara said...

i read it!
:D


and i enjoy it.

MamaTod said...

me too! xo

Sarah S. said...

I hope that wasn't me interrupting you at the end of the day on Monday! Sounds like something I would do..