Well, I'm nearly all settled in to my new place. I finished unpacking boxes last week (yay! no more cardboard smell!) and bought some IKEA things last weekend. This week I've put up stuff on the walls (pictures, plates etc) and now I just need to put up some of my old B+W photos that I've collected over the years, sort some stuff and re-arrange my desk area, and, eventually, stencil the border.
I really like the way my room has come together, but I have to laugh. I was attempting to break out of my decorating mold. I wanted to do something that was still me, but less cottage, feminine, chic and more bold. I tried. But the paint that was supposed to be coral ended up pink and somehow...it has ended up looking like it belongs in the same family as my other rooms. :) I guess at least I have proved that the way I decorate is really my style. And, I think in trying to add some bolder colors to the palette (i.e. dark reds and oranges) it makes the pinks and faded china patterns more interesting. Freshens 'em up a bit.
I'll try to put up pics soon.
1 comment:
I would like to see the pictures. :)
Post a Comment