10 April 2010

rollin' rollin' rollin'

I'm going to see how long I can keep these song lyric titles going. :)

I'm currently in the middle of patching up my bike tire. I have never done this before, but I figured at $4 for a patching kit, it was worth a try. What could I to the tire that would make it any less usable than it is? Maybe don't answer that.

"Why pause in the middle?", you ask. Well, let me tell you. According to my hand-dandy YouTube how-to video watching tutorial (and the directions in the kit) one must let the glue dry completely before adhering the patch. Thus, it seems, that the glues properties aren't inherent in the compound itself, but in the chemical reaction (thank you instructions, again) that occurs between the tube patch and the glue. Intereeessstin'.

This is the second application of glue. "Why a second application?", you might query. Well, the first application took too long to appear as dry so I had to test it with my dusty hand and said chemical reaction didn't work so very well.

In other words, I'm distracting myself.

Last night I put the finishing touches on a skirt, I didn't exactly measure, so it was a bit of a trial and error skirt. Which, is ok, in my book, because I wasn't entirely sure what I wanted and I wasn't using a pattern. Now that I have a better idea I will attempt to make another prototype with this same color of fabric...and then make nice ones out of the black and purple. I was inspired by trying on those jersey knit skirts at Target and looking at the ones at Old Navy and deciding that with barely more than two seams they couldn't be that difficult. I'll post pictures if they turn out. :)

1 comment:

MamaTod said...

I love your confidence, I really do. :) Test a chemical reaction with your hand? sew w/o measuring? but this is also the girl who made a hobby horse for her little sister with only a pattern in her head. Yea!