Today, I re-created a facebook page. You won't find me. I used a code name. I mean, people who know me could maybe find it, eventually, accept that I'm supposedly only accessible to friends, which I think means I have to add them first. In any case, I completed the registration process, wrote a little bit in the description about how I'm just doing this so all of you can send me pictures. Then I made sure my privacy settings were in lockbox form and realized I was at the point where it was time to let people know I was back. And then I remembered farmville. And the feed of who said what and when they said and what so and so thought of how they said it. And I remembered that I've been able to stay in touch with most of my friends without facebook- with real, intentional contact. And I decided I wasn't sure I wanted to do facebook again. I just want a way to see your pictures and to view events and get your e-mail. That's it. All I want. Maybe twitter? My bf keeps tellling me to get it, that I'm missing out on her life. I just checked her feed and discovered she mentioned me twice. Who knew? Well, I didn't, but I was there....
Oh, the tough questions of life. To network or not to network, that is the question.
My now-former co-worker told me last week that her church did a poll of all the 20 somethings that came to one of their events, some 200. 90% only had 1 good friend. 90%. 1 friend in whom they could confide. How many "friends" did they have, I wonder? I don't want to have to keep track of the 500 fringe people. I want to invest in 50 closer ones. Does that make me mean? Smart? Introverted? A Luddite? Or just normal and willing to admit it.?
3 comments:
:) I've been trying to find you on facebook but failed! Well done. There is one group that you are mentioned in run by Barb Hernandez? ANyway sorry for stocking you - My name is Ben and I've been in contact with Greg in H Wycombe - we're also headed there and thought about house sharing? Greg gave us your email but we lost it, and we think they've flown to Spain today!
Could you email us at tripcaught@hotmail.com and we can introduce ourselves properly :)
UPDATE HERE :)
need more posts. :) im having rayanna withdrawl.
Post a Comment