13 October 2010

I'm alive. :)

Hello Family and Friends----
Just a word to let you know that  I did indeed make it across the Atlantic, as did my luggage. I'm adjusting well to life at the office, though rather overwhelmed with the massive amounts of e-mails and catching up that comes with this type of job, especially at the beginning.


Keep praying for the right housing and/or roommate... hopefully I can have that settled by the end of the month (at the latest!).

Anyway, my impressions of England so far haven't been too many. I really haven't been out site-seeing too much. However, HW is very hilly and beautiful, fall is beginning to come and the leaves are starting to turn. It reminds me enough of home that it seems like the kind of place I should know and should be familiar to me, but isn't- like one of those dreams where your childhood home suddenly has secret tunnels and rooms. Anyway, the other comment I would make is that the foliage and trees are somewhat the same, but also very different and there are a lot of hedges and "thick" foliage which gives the whole of the woodsy scenery a solidness to it. The trees aren't as tall as in MI though, on the whole. At least, that's my opinion. But then again, we also don't have any random palm trees in people's yards. :)

Back to work.

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Yayyyy! Praise the Lord! So glad you are safe and sound. It's so good to hear from you. Praying for you lots!

I hope you do end up back on Facebook at some point, or contact me with your email address. I want to share with you the pics from our lunch. :)