I had mehndi drawn on my hand for the first time this summer and really liked it. I've enjoyed other people's henna tattoos before, but enjoyed being able to look at it all the time. I've recently heard of people using henna designs to tell stories, which, no surprise, I think is great! Art and stories and community? What?! Sounds amazing. Anyway... so I thought I'd have go at learning to draw some basic henna. I found some videos on you tube and attempted to copy them with a sharpie and some paper.. and then I added in to fill in the paper. I really enjoyed it and plan to keep learning new designs and hopefully how to draw with the real stuff. :)
 |
| This is more of an Arabic design, apparently. |
 |
| And I think this is more of a South Asian design, though the actual design I was copying is a portion in the centre. |
No comments:
Post a Comment