26 January 2011

35

The week before last I was challenged by Paul, the guy who leads this  course thing I'm in to spend some time thinking about how I learn and then utilize that during the course last week. One conclusion was that I learn best by making notes of things that struck me or piqued my curiousity and then revisiting those things (and only those things... not necessarily the 3 points!), analyzing and studying them a bit more and then crafting some kind of response or reminder or story or poem or, gasp, paper, out of what I've learned.

So all last week, during who knows how many hours of interaction with others in my line of work, I bracketed lots of things to go back and revisit. Add to that the things being impressed on my heart that weren't written down and you have 35 "line items". 35 things I think I should think about/study/do. If I wrote a one page paper on all those things I'd have a full-blown  term paper.

In all honesty, will I analyze ever last one of the 35 things? No. But, I think a good many of them I do want to think about more and some of them will require more reflection and action. But, one thing I've learned already. Making note of the things that stuck out to me and then reviewing them and putting them in a concise list- helps me see themes more easily and as Paul keeps mentioning, seeing themes in our lives often indicates where Jesus is working.

No comments: