With a tucked hem that I made more complicated than it should have been, I think...
I had purchased this fine-wale corduroy several years back, at Wal-Mart I think, super cheap and had thought for awhile it would make a nice skirt. I looked at a black skirt from Gap that I like to figure out how to make it, roughly.
I also made this last week. It was inspired by trying to find a dress to wear at a wedding in a couple of months..... and finding out about wrap/infinity dresses. This one is now a skirt, I'll have to make some adjustments to the design of the straps. Such a clever idea though...
(that last one was just for the artsy-ness of it... taking pictures in the mirror didn't work so well)
So what about these quilts?
This, inspired by perusing some of the finds at Purl Bee (like these blankets ), was made for a friend's baby boy... arriving nearly any day now:
To say that I wouldn't have minded wrapping a cute, cuddly little one up in this thing as soon as it was done would not be a lie. I was really happy with how it turned out. Very boy, very baby and very cozy looking.
The big project I've been working on is a full-size quilt. I really should have taken pictures along the process. I picked out the fabric and started cutting it out about 2 years ago and all that's left is some of the hand-quilting. Which I'm doing while watching movies.
So, that's some of what I've been up to in my free time. That and talking to one of my very best friends for a couple of hours on skype- frequently about health ailments and money woes. I think I hear the cats meowing.... they're coming for me.
In the meantime, I will keep finding reasons to snip threads. (Does cat hair fur make good yarn? Just a question...)


No comments:
Post a Comment