15 March 2011

Long Overdue

I haven't talked about food on here in a long time. You must be hungry. Maybe you will be....

Let's start with Thanksgiving:


Bootie's Sweet Potato Casserole and Escalloped Corn. Yes. And yes. Both. Please.


Cooking in my tangine for the first time. Very successful, even if the potatoes stuck a bit on the bottom and it's now ever-so-slightly warped.











Not the best picture (at all!), but I've made this Chestnut and Leek Tart a few times now and really enjoy it. I like to think of it as "quintessentially British". Probably isn't, but I can dream that I came to England and ate authentic English things. :)





Had this the other day, it was delicious. Fresh olives. buckwheat pasta with red peppers thrown in to the water last minute. olive oil. basil crushed with garlic. crumbled caerphilly cheese (kind of like feta/mozzarella)

No comments: