I am long past overdue for an update. So, I'll begin with the more current things since I can remember them better.... less frustrating a beginning that way.
Yesterday, my housemate and I had some ladies over and made masala mixes together. One of them is an Indian Curry Paste, I decided this would be good on a chicken pizza. Turns out the chicken had gone bad. I emptied my veg drawer instead and ended up with a great pizza- one I will definitely make again and tweak. Who would have thought... beetroot and brussel sprouts on pizza??
Sorry the pics aren't great.
Beetroot Pizza
Pizza Crust:
pour about 1 tsp of yeast into the bottom of a bowl, add about 1/4 cup of warm water and about 1/2 tsp of sugar, let sit for several minutes. Then, add in flour, a little salt, an egg, and a little water and mix and knead until it's the right consistency. Form into a ball and let rise about an hour. I also rolled the ball of dough around the food processor that had been used to make the curry paste and kneaded that in.
Spray a pizza pan/cookie sheet with a bit of non-stick spray and drizzle some olive oil on the sheet. Then, sprinkle cornmeal/semolina on the oil. Spread your pizza dough out on the pan. Thin is good, but holes aren't. Bake at about 250C or 475F or pretty much as high as your oven will go, until it is nearly brown, pull it out and top. You'll bake it again in a few minutes.
Sauce:
Mix about 2 tsp of Indian Curry Paste with about 3/4 cup yogurt. I heated this on the stove, but that was because I was going to put the chicken in it, not sure it would make a huge difference if one didn't do this.
Toppings:
2 beets, peeled and sliced/chopped
1 carrot
1/2 bag of baby brussel sprouts, ends and brown leaves cut off
1/4 cup mixed nuts
1/4 of an onion, cut up
2 spring onions, roughly cut up
a little salt
Put in a frying pan with some oil and water and cook until the beets are nearly tender (they're good with a bit of crunch still) and the water should be pretty much gone.
Put together:
Put your sauce on your dough. Put your veg on your sauce.
Top:
Mix 1 egg and about 2 tsp of milk together and drizzle over the top of the pizza.
Finish:
Put the pizza back in the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or so, just until the eggy bits are cooked.



No comments:
Post a Comment