03 March 2012

Stonehenge and Bath

I'm bribing myself to be active. 50p for every 10 minutes of concentrated activity (I don't count up my random minutes of walking around the house, for instance, but walking to town does count). The money is then used for excursions. In Feb. I went to Bath via Stonehenge and a drive through the Wiltshire countryside. Also, it snowed. A fair amount. It was pretty bad when I left Bath and I considered staying the night, but once I got on the motorway it was pretty clear and I made it home before the snow hit too bad at home.

fresh snow + georgian bath = lovely

PS I nearly pierced my nose, but I walked by the piercing place and got scared off the tattooed people inside and when I decided to go back and see how much they charged they were closed. Ok, maybe that's not nearly, but still, kinda.

PPS I enjoyed looking at the Jane Austen sites via the audio walking tour the Bath tourism website provides, but it was a bit tricky to do that whilst walking. just saying. maybe it was trying to play it off my kindle as well, but still. one does have to cross streets.




See, I really was there. And no, I was not the American that made a dash across the line to try and reach the stones. I was the one having semi-British whinging thoughts to myself whilst they did it.


Pulteney Bridge
Reflection
Pulteney Bridge again
Spring can't wait

1 comment:

Ingrained Design said...

Glad the piercing place was closed. just sayin'

Very cool about the trip and home safely. The Austen tour would have been fun.